Unfortunately, some people react to different scenarios in undesirable ways. This is typically the case when another driver has road rage, leaving victims like you to deal with the dire consequences. When you’ve become the victim of someone’s road rage driving, you need a car accident attorney to stand up for you in court and receive the damages that you deserve.
What Is A Road Rage Car Accident?
The signs of road rage-related behavior are speeding, tailgating cars in front of them, weaving dangerously through traffic and eventually putting other’s lives at risk. Whether it’s intentional or not, the driver can purposely, recklessly, or negligently cause a car accident that changes people’s lives forever.
Signs Of Road Rage
It’s your attorney’s job to prove that the opposing driver has road rage. Think back on their behavior at the time of the accident when reviewing the case with your attorney. Behaviors that are indicative of road rage and aggressive driving include:
- Sudden speeding
- Weaving through traffic
- Sudden braking or “brake checking” drivers behind them
- Excessive use of horns
- Flashing of lights
- Signaling hand gestures
- Shouting threats or obscenities
- Displaying a weapon while driving
- Intentionally causing a crash
- Blocking in other cars on or off the road
The Consequences Of Road Rage Car Accidents
Unfortunately, those who must deal with the consequences of these scary accidents are typically the victims. There could be severe injuries that occur, leading to substantial medical bills, not to mention time lost at work while they recover from injuries.
Serious injuries can come from road rage care accidents, including:
- Brain injury
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
These types of injuries may involve long recovery times, pain and suffering, among other damages. However, New York law states that the victims of car accidents are allowed to seek compensation from the person who was negligent in causing the accident.
What Can A Personal Injury Lawyer Do For You After A Car Accident?
The job of your attorney is to represent you in court and to fight for everything you deserve. Collecting witness statements, police reports, and other documents can provide evidence as to the cause of the accident and who is both financially and legally responsible.
Your car accident lawyer will fight for you to recover all the damages that apply to your case:
- Medical expenses. These include medical bills that have accumulated prior to filing your claim as well as future medical expenses that are directly related to your injuries.
- Lost wages. Even a minor accident can cause you to miss time at work. Lost wages prior to filing and in the future are almost always included in the damages that your attorney will be fighting for.
- Pain and suffering. Depending on your case, pain and suffering includes both physical and emotional distress that’s caused from dealing with a driver with severe road rage.
- Property damage. The person whose negligence caused the accident may also be responsible for damage to your vehicle or other property in the case.
Beware that New York law has a specific time limit for filing a claim in a personal injury case.Meeting with your attorney right away is the best way to begin recovering your damages.